Upon your arrival at Red Baron HQ, Bankstown, you will climb into a flight-suit and prepare to board. Your Pilot will strap you securely into the Robin 2160 aerobatic training aircraft and fasten your headphones. There will be plenty of time for your family and friends to take photographs of you as you prepare for your flight.
Your pilot will proceed to give you a briefing on the aircraft’s controls and operations. When you feel secure, your pilot will climb in beside you and prepare the plane for take off.
Once airborne you’ll head west towards the foothills of the Great Dividing Range. Over St Mary’s- in the designated training area- you’ll climb to 3500ft-4000ft. You’ll start with some basic manoeuvres- like loops, barrel rolls, wingovers and hammer head turns- to get the feel of things.
After warming you up your pilot will put all these elements together into an adrenaline inducing sequence of the type used in air shows; and while aerobatic manoeuvres are all fun and games today don’t forget they developed out of the serious business of WWI, where fighter pilots like Baron Von Richthofen (the Red Baron) and other flying aces performed these complicated aerial moves to avoid being shot down in deadly dog fights.
Once you’re back at Red Baron HQ you’ll be hard pressed to stop smiling for the rest of the day and we hope it is an experience you will remember for the rest of your life.
- 30 Minute Duration
- Experience up to +5G and -1G
- Professional Pilot
- Experience Loops, Barrel Rolls, Hammer Heads and More!
- Beautiful View of Sydney and the Great Dividing Ranges
- 30-minute aerobatic flight over Sydney
- Safety briefing and equipment
- Live commentary provided in English
Before you Book
- You must be shorter than 6 feet 3 inches (190 cm)
- You must weigh less than 220 pounds (100 kg).
- If you have back, neck, joint, or muscular problems, you should carefully consider whether to participate.
- The provider will try to book the exact time requested, but it is subject to availability. You must call after you book to verify flight time.
- Terms and conditions apply