Feel the thrill of aerial ballet from the front seat of a plane as an expert instructor takes you on the flight of a lifetime. Soar in loops, perform barrel rolls, dive hundreds of feet through the air, and even fly upside-down—all in a Pitts Special S-2A Aerobatic Biplane.
Meet your experienced pilot at Bankstown Airport and listen to a briefing on logistics and safety. Then hop into the front seat of this open-cockpit biplane, fasten your seatbelt, and listen to the pre-takeoff calls between your pilot and air traffic control.
Once airborne you’ll head west towards the foothills of the Great Dividing Range. Over St Mary’s- in the designated training area- you’ll climb to 3500ft-4000ft. You’ll start with some basic manoeuvres- like loops, barrel rolls, wingovers and hammer head turns- to get the feel of things. Once you’re comfortable with the basics you’ll move onto some combination manoeuvres; things like a Roll Off The Top- a half loop followed by a half roll- and a Split S, the reverse of the Roll off the Top- a half roll followed by a half loop. You’ll experience G forces of anywhere between +6G and -3G, alternatively being pushed into your seat or pulled hard against your harness.
Landing back at Red Baron HQ you’ll be hard pressed to stop smiling for the rest of the day and we hope it is an experience you will remember for the rest of your life.
- Exhilarating aerobatics
- Professional Pilot taking you through rolls, spins & stalls
- Aerial adventure from the front seat of a Pitts Special (open cockpit)
- Loops, spins, barrel rolls & even “Cuban Eights”
- Incredible View of Sydney and the Great Dividing Rages
- 30-minute aerobatic flight over Sydney
- Safety briefing and equipment
- Live tour commentary provided in English
Before you Book
- You must be shorter than 6 feet 3 inches (190 cm)
- You must weigh less than 220 pounds (100 kg).
- If you have back, neck, joint, or muscular problems, you should carefully consider whether to participate.
- The provider will try to book the exact time requested, but it is subject to availability. You must call after you book to verify flight time.
- Terms and conditions apply