Overlord: D-Day & The Battle For Normandy – Commemorative Collection Aviation Art Book Ft. Robert Taylor & Various Artists
Military Aviation Art Book Series – Commemorative Collection
6 June 1944: the date that marked the beginning of the end of the war in north-west Europe, and the day on which the liberation of France began.
This Hardback Military Aviation Art Portfolio Book from the Military Gallery is the 1st release from the Commemorative Collection Series
Re-live the story of D-Day with this 128-page book lavishly illustrated with paintings and drawings assembled from the archives of the Military Gallery. We travel through the pre-invasion preparation, the landings themselves, and subsequent battle for control of Normandy as seen through the eyes of the world’s leading military and aviation artists, creating a visual masterpiece to commemorate the 70th Anniversary of D-Day.
Together with specially commissioned new pieces, these images form an unrivalled anthology of artistic work depicting the events of D-Day. The paintings and drawings included are from the studios of five highly talented artists whose work helps to impart some of the emotion that photographs so often fail to capture:
ROBERT TAYLOR, acknowledged as the world’s premier aviation and maritime artist, leads the way.
ANTHONY SAUNDERS, one of the most inspirational artists of his generation, allows us to follow the timeline of events that took place in June 1944; as do those of SIMON SMITH, who is equally at home painting in traditional oils or using digital technologies, along with CHRIS COLLINGWOOD, whose attention to detail make him a leading figure artist.
A number of paintings and the majority of pencil drawings come from the studio of RICHARD TAYLOR, regarded as one of the foremost artists in the genre and whose skill with the pencil is unsurpassed.
These exceptional images help knit together this account of the Allied Invasion of Normandy, creating a visually inspiring masterpiece.
- This is an unopened unused copy imported directly from the Military Gallery UK.
- A20 is an official Military Gallery distributor of all MG Art prints and portfolio books.
- Comes with buyer satisfaction money back guarantee.
- 128 pages of the highest quality military aviation art prints & paintings images.
- Features the paintings of the world’s best aviation artists such as Robert Taylor, Anthony Saunders, Richard Taylor, Simon Smith & Chris Collingwood.
- Beautiful high-quality images from some of the worlds best Normandy paintings.
- Insights and stories that explain the details of this historical invasion.
- Informative graphs that explain the events leading up to the Battle and throughout its progress with chronological insights and intimate stories from those that were there.
- Exclusive images that were commissioned for this book and have never been seen before.
WE ONLY HAVE 4 COPIES LEFT
STOCK HELD LOCALLY IN MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
- Must have for all aviation art & military history enthusiasts.
- Great addition to any memorabilia, study room or library.
- Perfect gift idea.
- Great introduction for children to learn about military history and the great sacrifices of the greatest generation.
FREE SHIPPING AUSTRALIA WIDE
Stock is located in Melbourne, Australia
A20 Aviation Art specialises in rare and highly collectable limited edition art prints signed and numbered from WW2. All our stock is kept locally in Melbourne, Australia and comes with certificates of authenticity & buyer warranties. We offer customised framing services.
A20 Aviation Art is also an official dealer of all Robert Taylor Aviation Art Prints & Books