The Dambusters & The Epic Wartime Raids Of 617 Squadron: Commemorative Collection Aviation Art Book Ft. Robert Taylor & Various Artists
On the night of 16 / 17 May 1943 one of the most daring low-level night time raids in the history of air warfare took place, when nineteen Lancaster crews from the newly-formed 617 Squadron successfully attacked the great dams of Germany. Their audacious mission – codenamed Operation Chastise – gained them immediate fame and legendary status.
This Hardback Military Aviation Art Portfolio Book from the Military Gallery is the 3rd release in the Commemorative Collection Series
With 128 pages packed full of colourful works along with many new maps, diagrams and specially commissioned unseen artwork, this stunning visual record leads us through the preparations and execution of the Dambusters Raid. From the development of the ‘Bouncing Bomb’, the crews that took part and a detailed account of the mission, we are then taken on a journey into the units’ exploits after Operation Chastise.
Painstakingly researched with the direct assistance of world-renowned expert Dr Robert Owen, official historian of the 617 Sqn Association, this historically accurate account provides a unique insight into the incredible story of the Dambusters and the subsequent wartime exploits of the legendary 617 Sqn.
There are few photographic records of these dramatic events, but this lavishly illustrated book tells their incredible story through an unparalleled collection of paintings and drawings from some of the world’s most talented aviation and military artists, inspired by first-hand accounts from the veterans involved. Carefully selected from the archives of the Military Gallery, works by Richard Taylor, Anthony Saunders, Gerald Coulson, Simon Smith and the world’s foremost aviation artist Robert Taylor are all featured. Rarely has the incredible story of the legendary Dambusters been portrayed with such creative brilliance.
- This is an unopened unused copy imported directly from the Military Gallery UK
- A20 is an official Military Gallery distributor of all MG Art prints and portfolio books
- Comes with buyer satisfaction money back guarantee
- 128 pages of the highest quality military aviation art images
- Features the paintings of the world’s best aviation artists such as Robert Taylor, Anthony Saunders, Richard Taylor & Simon Smith
- Beautiful high-quality images from some of the worlds best Dambusters paintings
- Insights and stories that explain the details of this historical raid
- Informative graphs that explain the events leading up to the Operation Chastise throughout its progress with chronological insights and intimate stories from those that were there
- Exclusive images that were commissioned for this book and have never been seen before
WE ONLY HAVE 4 COPIES LEFT
STOCK HELD LOCALLY IN MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
- Must have for all aviation art & military history enthusiasts
- Great addition to any memorabilia, study room or library
- Perfect gift idea
- Great introduction for children to learn about military history and the great sacrifices of the greatest generation.
FREE SHIPPING AUSTRALIA WIDE
Stock is located in Melbourne, Australia
A20 Aviation Art is also an official dealer of all Robert Taylor Aviation Art Prints & Books
Please message us any questions and we will aim to respond same day.
Visit us – www.a20aviationart.com.au